Saturday, August 22, 2026

6-6-2010: The Women In My Life; Part 5

 [I am back working through my pretrial detention journal. It is out of order… Well, the order is as I have opened boxes. The date in the title is the date it was written. I hope this is not confusing. Consider this post as more of an aborted memoir. What you are reading is what you get for your tax dollars. Continued from 6-6-2010: The Women In My Life; Part 4 sch 8/14/2026 

 Dawn disappeared on me almost 20 years ago because I foolishly said something about finally having sex with a girl from my high school. She got upset; saying something about competition. So much for saying a factual truth about how things had changed in my life. I thought she was funny, beautiful in a skinny brunette way, and eminently loveable. She was brightness to KA's dourness. Too bad my foot fits so well in my mouth. I learned later she married and had children and was quite happy with her life. Another exhibit of women doing better away from me. I applaud her success.

T2 came into my life in FEbruary of 1991. How did I first become aware of her? I cannto remember now. She was another lawyer in Anderson. I remember her telling me that she noticed me first. Our first date occurred at Anderson's Nile Restaurant. She wore a low-cut blouse with a red bra. When she leaned forward it was difficult to avoid noticing that particular combination. 

We belonged to the same profession, she had ended a bad relationship, and I was becoming disillusioned with KA. At this time, I was seeing KA and two other women. One ended quickly, while the other continued a while longer. That relationship  ended the night we pulled up at my apartment with this girlfriend's face in my lap and KA in my apartment. KA was supposed to be home with her children. (We only went out on the weekends when her ex-husband had visitation.)  I displeased the date by taking her home instead of us confronting KA. No way I wanted my date put in that position. When I came to my apartment, KA and I had an argument over a letter from T2. I patched things rather than deal with her anger. Now, only T2 and KA remained. Then it was only T2. She stayed somewhere in my life until my incareration.

T2 equaled T1 in height. They met once at JH's house, specifically her kitchen. T1 and T2 squared off across from each other. There was a singular look on T1's face as she took in T2; a combination of amusement and curiosity and speculation. What we men generally describe as catty. T2 stood next to me which left me unable to see her face, but I felt her bristle a bit. JH stood between and away from them with her back to the sink, a bit drunk, and trying to be nonchalant with her amusement at my discomfort. I waited for all hell to break loose. Then the smell of marijuana wafted into the kitchen from JH's sister and friends in the living room. T2 suggested we depart. We said our goodbyes, Once in the car, she noted she had never been to any place where her boyfriend had slept with three of the four women there. I did not mention I once flirted with JH's sister. T2 never said anything specific about T1.

 sch

[Continued in 6-6-2010: The Women In My Life; Part 6. sch 8/14.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment