Thursday, September 10, 2026

Obsessive behavior , Again; End of The Writing Group

I was kicked out of The Cup yesterday, banned from the place, by the owner who had his phone open and ready to the sheriff's website. His righteousness irritated me into a sentence I will not repeat here. Well, my sins and history are mine and I cannot be angry about that. What bothered me was that I am now out of the writing group. I sketched out my absence to one of the others. I expect never to hear from them again.

 What puzzles me is how he came to jump on me. I do not recall seeing the fellow before. For a moment, I thought he might be someone I had forgotten. If I had seen him, this was our only time we spoke. Which leaves it possible that someone put him on me. Why anyone would do that makes no sense.

I napped and then fell back into my obsession with my research project. That had me running from 8 pm last night until 3 am.

When I woke around 7:30, I went back at it until after noon. I napped again. I decided it was time to update my record here. When I finish, back to the project.

For the life of me I cannot recall Tuesday. 

Nothing new submitted, but there were rejections. 

9/10: “After Making Landfall”

We regret that we are not able to place your work in EPOCH, but we do appreciate your submission. The volume of submissions prevents us from commenting on every one, but please know that we did review your work and gave it careful consideration. 


Sincerely,


The Editors

9/8

Thank you for your submission to Chestnut Review. Although we must decline your submission this time, we appreciated the chance to consider it. Please do not interpret this as a judgment of your art as a whole. Individual tastes matter a great deal in decisions like these, and though we have to decline this round, we encourage you to keep writing and creating. The world needs it, and you.

Thanks again. Best of luck with all your work.


Sincerely,


The Editors


Chestnut Review

  9/7: 

We are grateful for the opportunity to read "Coming Home." Although we are unable to accept it at this time, we thank you for considering The Maine Review as a home for your work. We are often forced to pass on pieces we admire, and we hope you keep creating.

You can sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media to keep up to date on our submission windows, programs, and upcoming publications. In the meantime, we appreciate you trusting us with your work, and for all you contribute to contemporary literature. 

Warm Regards,

Chelsea Jackson & Rosanna Gargiulo

Editors, The Maine Review

 sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment