Monday, January 9, 2023

Indiana Music Fans Check Out Nuvo

 Too old, too immobile for doing much more than watch from the sidelines, but I still hope for aspiring Indiana musicians.

Welcome to the revival of NUVO Music:

Welcome to the weekly NUVO music newsletter. This will be where we recap the last seven days of music coverage by NUVO's talented stable of music fanatics. This will also be a place to find out about upcoming events and members-only features. Welcome!

 

It’s an exciting time to be in Indianapolis. This city has been my home for most of my life, and no matter how much people put it down, I will defend it with everything I have. This fact particularly holds true for our music scene. I was NUVO’s first music editor, and I fought to get local musicians credibility; I fought for bands to have the right to promote themselves on telephone poles when the evil powers of the BRVA were actively trying to sanitize and gentrify the neighborhood. While Indy CD and Vinyl and The Vogue still carry the torch of past glory, for the most part, Broad Ripple is dead.

Forty years ago we complained about the Indy music scene, the lackluster radio, but nothing happened. We still have a lackluster music scene because we did not support one - instead of complaining about the local FM, we turned to tapes and CDs and MP3s.  If you want change, then change.

And what could Indy's music scene be like? Check out: Here’s what’s on tap for Philly Bowie Week 2023! and the rest of WXPN.

sch 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment