Monday, January 9, 2023

What You Get From Me in Prison for 151 Months, 6-19-2010

Not much, frankly. If you are worried about me reverting to criminality, that been accomplished already.

Look, me and the others like me here are thoroughly middle class, Five years in prison has us pissing down our legs. Probation would suffice to keep us in line. But Congress decreed no probation for my crimes.

Someone told me the estimated cost for keeping me in prison shall be $2,000 [a month. sch 12/8/22]. Now that comes to $302,000 for my stay. No self-respecting federal bureaucrat is going to blink over $182,000. Or even the $910,000 that is the total difference for the five [Emphasis added because the original confused me to almost no end. sch 12/8/22] of us between 151 months and 5 years.

You, dear taxpayer, are paying that bill. [We just had to live it. sch 12/8/22]

What are you getting for your tax dollars?

Supposedly, this sentence is for the purposes of deterrence. Since we have all been shaken to our cores, the length of time being given us is overkill. No one harmed any other person, for all the government might like to say otherwise. No persons are being protected from us. Incarceration will not diminish the filth on the internet. A false feeling of security seems to be what you are buying.

As to what you get from the 91 months difference between the minimum sentence and the the imprisonment desired by the federal government. 

Maybe you should ask your Senators and/or Congressperson what you are getting from all this. Add the whole of the prosecuting apparatus and whoever head the U.S. Bureau of Prisons, and yourselves. Ask the media why they only regurgitate the government's press releases.

All I can see is my sentence guaranteeing jobs for federal employees.

sch

[Two points I think need to be made these 12 years and almost 6 months later. First, I did not mind doing the time - I had intended to be arrested, and by this time I assumed there was no way my lungs would survive my time in prison. I am not complaining about the sentence, but the waste symbolized by the sentence. Secondly, it is that wastage that I found offensive when I began to recover my lucidity before I went to prison and continued to offend as I became more lucid. If I can get all of my prison journal online (some already is under the subject of "Prison Life") you will see what was the wastage of people and money. If I had a pathological condition, incarceration would not treat this problem. There were people with a pathological condition at Fort Dix FCI who received no treatment because there was no means of providing treatment in that place. As part of my supervised release, I am to undergo counseling/therapy - if you click on the link below for "Supervised Release" and read back, you will see my reports on that process. Where the inmate does have a psychological compulsion behind his crime, you have a system which imprisons people for long periods of time without doing anything punishing that person, and then releases them older but without any means of dealing with their psychological issues other than the counseling services under supervised release. Punishment for the sake of punishment, punishment for the sake of politicians wanting to look tough on crime, is what you get. That the system, including my sentence, purporting to protect people does no such thing in the long-term, then it is a fraud. Is that not offensive? sch 12/9/22]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment