Sunday, January 8, 2023

A Long Sunday

I woke up around 5 this morning thanks to the left hip, put the hot stone to work, and went back to sleep. Only I woke again at 8 AM. This time I stayed up. I decided to work on "True Love Ways Gone Astray", and on submitting my other stories. Nothing was submitted - nothing was open - but I finished revising my story around 2 pm. Some blog posts were drafted during that time, too. I deleted a few emails and sent three myself. Then I set out to do my laundry. I kept repeating this for around 90 minutes. Everyone had the same idea, but I had wanted to concentrate on the writing this morning. I gave up, put it off to tomorrow. McClure's received a visit before sundown; I had run out of RC Cola. After giving up on my laundry, I started cutting down on the open tabs - first, articles not read; then finishing up my submissions.

The Forge Literary Magazine got "Colonel Tom" (I revised its ending once again!), as did Atticus Review. I passed on Academy of the Heart and Mind, having nothing of the suitable length or content. I sent Swing "True Love Ways Gone Astray" even if it has not been by my usual readers.

Musical accompaniment from WMBR's Backwoods and KDHX's Greaser's Lunchbox and Mother's Finest through YouTube.

Reading around for today:

And there I end things, but for taking a trip to Tennessee.I am getting too goofy to be writing another word.

sch 8:01 pm


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment