Thursday, November 4, 2021

Australian Prime Minister's Literary Awards

I found this through a books newsletter I get from The Brisbane Times. I am trying to think of Indiana's governor or the President of the United States doing anything like these literary awards.

PM's Literary Awards

The Prime Minister's Literary Awards celebrate outstanding literary talent in Australia and the valuable contribution Australian literature and history makes to the nation's cultural and intellectual life.

Maybe it's the contribution to "the nation's cultural and intellectual life" that feeds my doubts. I have this feeling neither Indiana's governor nor its legislature worry themselves over Indiana's "cultural and intellectual life."

Check out winners and nominees here.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment