Saturday, October 9, 2021

Released to Supervised Release

 Eleven years and 7 months and 6 days since my arrest, twenty days short of the date of my being sentenced, almost 12 years since I was sent to Fort Dix Federal Correctional Institution, I am no longer incarcerated. What I have now is supervised relief, a federal probation officer as the supervisor, for the rest of my life. I was a most dangerous character, you see. The law allows for modification my order. That will be coming as soon as possible.

I returned to Muncie. I have taken a week's residence at a local motel. I hope to find an apartment. I will make do.  

I worked two jobs for most of September, so I have some money. Expenses have been a bit much more than expected - $66.00 to pay for the monitoring of the smart phone my sister gave me and this laptop which K gave me, I am frantically looking for work.

I did get my stage version of The Masque of the Red Death copyrighted today. I did this online. Other than parting with $65.00, this was a painless operation, I will announce here when it's published - the most likely target will be Amazon. Please buy a copy and keep me off the streets!

I have had fits from trying to find a place and trying to get registered with the Delaware County Sheriff and with the cellphone's ability to make and receive calls. I am trying to do what the law requires; to not be a bother. I want to get to my writing. The government thinks I am ready to commit more crimes.  Makes me wonder how little faith the government puts its prison system to deter criminality. (If so,then why the 151 month sentence for me?)

I have some notes left from my halfway house time which need put on here. I will also be posting my prison journal and updates on my life on supervised release. Please stick around, feel free to make comments,


Sam Hasler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment