I spent the evening working up blog posts. About 9:30 PM, I realized I discovered I could not find the phone. My first idea was to send out emails hoping some of my friends might be awake and they could ring the phone. I gave up on that around midnight. The only thing that had gone out of the apartment was the trash. So, I went dumpster diving along with my COPD and obsesity and the remnants of my surgery, There were two dumpsters. I found my bag in the second one. Only I did not find my phone. That I found when I went back to the apartment, went into the kitchen and saw the damn thing sitting on the counter on the far side of the sink. I do not remember putting it there. Nor did I see it in the three times I went through the apartment looking for it.
I needed a fresh pack of cigarettes, so I walked down to the convenience store, sopping wet from sweat.
Now, I have finished this post, I am calling it a night.
Never said I wasn't an idiot.
sch
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment