Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Recuperating

 Yesterday, I did a bit of writing that took all day. All of it because of miscommunications. I can say I know how to put together a table of contents, but not a table of authorities. At the end, I was a little queasy, having eaten only a bowl of macaroni and cheese and an apple all day long. I ran out of caffeinated sugar water and made a McClure's run around noon. T2 did call, but did not call back. I finished around 8:30 and watched Perry Mason and called it a day.

I did not want to get up this morning. I feel a bit unmoored, it took almost 2 hours to start writing this. Oatmeal and peanut butter for breakfast, some emails looked at, and listened to a bit of Morning Joe. MSNBC has been almost unbearable - beating the dead horse of Trump's indictment. Let the process roll. As for myself, I keep thinking no one has claimed he is innocent, only persecuted. Which is not quite the same thing.

Laundry and a food bank today and hoping to get called about the new job. Applications go out, still.

News of one job application came in today's email via Indeed:

Unfortunately, Shoe Dept Encore. has decided not to move forward with your application at this time.

Yesterday's mail had a rejection for a story:

Thank you for sharing your submission, "True Love Ways Gone Astray," with us. We gave it careful consideration but ultimately decided that it does not meet our current needs. We wish you the best of luck in your publishing endeavors.

Thank you again for sending us your work.

Sincerely,


Blue Mesa Review

http://bmr.unm.edu


I saw that "60 Minutes" was to have Marjorie Taylor Greene Sunday night. I passed. If I wanted to hear a vicious crackpot blonde spew stupidity, I'd start hanging out in Muncie's dives. 'We Fact-Checked': Marjorie Taylor Greene Caught Lying in '60 Minutes' Interview.

A fun video about movies… Ah, Clara Bow.


And a good idea for fixing the Oscars.

Speaking of movies, from The Guardian: Director Kelly Reichardt: ‘Keep in mind, I don’t have my finger on any pulse’ and ‘Brutal monomaniac’: the gripping film about Boris Becker’s astonishing rise and spectacular fall

 Listening to Mattiel while I type this. Let me share this one, it feel appropriate for me this morning:


Visions of The Americans and John LeCarre from The Guardian's Panic and emotional pain as alleged deep-cover Russian spies vanish.

Found out what some of the police presence was at The Best Way Inn: ‘If I’m guilty of anything, it’s the leaving’; Man charged with neglect after baby found dead in Muncie motel room. Notice that did not come from Muncie's Star-Press. In the old days, when the local newspaper was a reality, this would have in the paper, maybe on the front page.

I have been kind of following the battle between Disney and DeSantis. Republicans fighting with Big Business is a bit like watching a mouse chase a cat (okay, pun intended) Now, it is DeSantis' turn: War Of Words Between Disney, Ron DeSantis Heats Up At Annual Meeting. I did a full on post on the previous round: The Power of the Rule Against Perpetuities. I am surprised how much play this is getting.

Over the weekend, Fringe surprised me, I saw Chadwick Boseman on this episode. And I found Blair Brown on The Rockford Files. Yes, I occasionally watch Rockford.

I like "Wild Thing", so I read ‘Wild Thing still gives me the chills!’ Songwriting legend Chip. Taylor on 60 years of classics. TJ will always be The Wild Thing. It's the kind of song might cause anyone to set fire to their guitar.


 Well, those days of a woman making my heart sing are over. Too much singing can wear a person out.

But check out those suits. Maybe fashion is better today.

Tom Hanks has a thing on the 1876 presidential election that is really cool, if you know nothing about that mess.

Hmm: Four attorneys assigned to abortion-related litigation resign from Indiana AG’s office.

Rokita maintained there have been “no issues” with any staff working on the Bernard case, but he suggested that the recent departures might be due to pay.

While speaking before the Senate Appropriations Committee in March, Rokita noted that there were 200 attorneys in his office. About a dozen attorneys had left the attorney general’s office since January, he said, but “19 or so” had been hired in the same time period as a result of recent pay increases.

When I was a kid, tornadoes flattened Russiaville, so it seems the old days are back: National Weather Service confirms 17 tornadoes touched down in the state of Indiana.

That is all the news I have, and time to clean up and get things done. I really need to visit a food bank today. The new job needs to call me in.

sch 8:57 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment