Sunday, March 26, 2023

Closing Out the Weekend

 I got through a bunch of my pretrial detention journal, only to have my back aching and I kind of conked out for 90 minutes. I may need to do another McClure's run. It has been a bright, sunny day, and I have been inside working on my blog. Oh, well.

I made it through one of the Transistor Sister shows.

CC texted me and apologized for the other day. Oddly enough, I still cannot get through to her on the phone. I accepted her apology.

Sunday afternoon readings:

Has science solved one of history’s greatest adventure mysteries? I never heard of these Russians dying mysteriously until sometime in the few years. I know I was in prison. So, I had to read if there was a solution

Something else I had never head of until recently is the subject of This miracle plant was eaten into extinction 2,000 years ago—or was it?

Beauty between danger may increase the beauty: See Google Street View Images of Korean Demilitarized Zone

Roman roads are still used in some places, Lines through history: uncovering the secrets of lost Roman roads was too long for me to do more than skim, and it really deserves better.

I had another lie down - my back got hurting. Then it was onto the pretrial detention journal, again. I just took a break and went to McClure's. I have a new neighbor who is just too friendly. Either he used up his brain cells or he had too few to start with, or both. He wants to know too much of what I am doing.

Talked to DM until the phone broke up.

"Best of Intentions" got a rejection:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your work to Choeofpleirn Press for our annual Coneflower Café magazine.

 

Choeofpleirn Press was fortunate to receive so many wonderful stories for consideration, but, in the end, we had to choose only the strongest ones for publication. While your email said you were sending "True Love Ways Gone Astray," we received "Best of Intentions," instead. The story was interesting, but not dynamic enough for some of our readers.

 

Please do not be discouraged by not having your story accepted for Coneflower Café this year.

 

ChoeofpleirnPress realizes that we only exist because of the continued efforts of writers like yourself, so please do send us something new in 2024.

 

Best wishes,

 

Ruth

 Now back to the pretrial stuff.

7:56 pm


Musical soundtrack for the evening:


I have knocked off one and a half notebooks today. Still have too much to do. I feel I have gotten caught up with my workload. Tomorrow: putting out a job application, working on another short story, and finding out where my paycheck is. For now, The Blacklist starts in 20 minutes.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment