Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Miserable 24 Hours

 I woke late yesterday thanks to another night of bad sleep. I missed the first bus because the phone was not charged. I missed the second bus because I did not have the correct change for the bus. That got me up to the 7:15 bus. Not so great, I thought. This bus stopped at Central High School and left there at 7:45 and the bus I needed to get to work was supposed to leave the station at 7:45. Except it did not. This was where I got lucky. The #12 bus got me to work a little after 8.

Some things looked at yesterday morning:

 5 takeaways from David Letterman's interview with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

Where to start with Saul Bellow (and why you should) 

The Easy Life by Marguerite Duras (trans. Emma Ramadan and Olivia Baes)

Ex-RNC Chair Makes Stark Prediction About Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene

After work, I got CC's card mailed. Also, I stopped off at CVS and got my Zoloft refill. Here I did myself some harm. I got a tub of ice cream at Target. Back in the room, I had dinner, ate the ice cream, and tried staying awake during my elimination of email, I took a break to watch a show and dozed off while watching HBO. I woke when the ice cream tried choking me to death. Some of it made a return, I made a mess in the bathroom, and I got to say mint chocolate chip does not look the same after being partially digested. I decided I might as well just give up the night. Except my leg work me several times during the night and the ice cream one more time. Now I am considering being late for work, let the Ben-Gay do its work. Lost wages worry me as much as the pain.

And Colonel Tom got another rejection:

Thank you for sending us "Colonel Tom". We appreciate the chance to read it. Unfortunately, the piece is not for us. This does not necessarily reflect the quality of your work, but, more so, the large number of submissions we have received.



Thanks again. Best of luck with this.
Sincerely,
Mallory Smart
Maudlin House

sch 5:40 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment