Saturday, October 10, 2026

Dining In Muncie Is A Strange New World That Philip K. Dick Might Appreciate

 I think the headline says it all: Woman arrested for pointing firearm at restaurant staff but just in case:

A woman has been arrested after allegedly pointing a gun at restaurant staff during an argument Wednesday morning.

According to court documents, the Muncie Police Department responded to a fight at Mac’s restaurant in the 1100 block of W. McGalliard Road. Police arrived around 10 a.m. Wednesday morning and were greeted by a Mac’s employee.

I really liked Strange New Worlds, it may have done something subtle. However, I am not a Trekkie. Either way you may find Roller Coaster — Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Fourth Season Overview (Reactor) of interest.

I have not read enough of Philip K. Dick and he is not my favorite science fiction writer, but I understand his reputation. And I find Ted Gioia a person worth listening to, so check out My Favorite Philip K. Dick Novels by Ted Gioia. I did. Maybe I can find time for them.

 David Robinson Reviews: Our Noble Selves by Kate Atkinson (Books from Scotland)

Kate Atkinson’s latest, hugely enjoyable, novel Our Noble Selves is so stuffed full of head-spinning whodunnitry and has such a enormous cast of suspects that you can’t help but think that somewhere in her Edinburgh house there must be an enormous whiteboard with all the characters’ names on it, different coloured lines for each, and all of them twisting together and pulling apart before coming together in one great, final explosive denouement.   

 sch 10/8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment