Saturday, August 27, 2022

How I Spent My Friday Night

 I came home from work at 4:45. No riding with monstrous middle schoolers today. I fell asleep for an hour before going up to pay my rent. After eating, I went to work on Libre Write and "Colonel Tom."

My sister said the Android Phone was just like a computer. It is not. I have now a screen where I can see what I type. I have more control over formatting, like I did have on the phone. All of which led me to finding what may have turned off some to my story: two fonts used for text, page breaks where there should have been none, one sentence that was completely meaningless, and one word that was so wrong as to make its sentence silly if not incompetent (made for male).

I spent too long trying to put in page numbers. I was missing WordPerfect when I decided to use Libre Office's online help. That got it.

Why am I using Libre Office? Because it is Word compatible, and it seems every place I submit my stories wants the stories formatted in Word, it lacks the pop-ups of Word, and it is free. 

I cleaned out a few emails, started a response to one, but by then it was closing on midnight and time to call it a day.

Need to get out to my weekend job.

An inspirational song:


 

 

sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment