Saturday, July 16, 2022

Good Morning, Muncie!

I woke a little before the alarm. It was dark outside. Days getting short. We had a drizzly rain yesterday and predictions of more to come. The view outside:

Yogurt for breakfast, aching shoulders and two hours before I go off to wash dishes. My shoulders ache. I listen to KDHX's Greaser's Lunchbox from this past Thursday as I write this. 

Yesterday, I got in 30 minutes shy of a full day. This was in the parking lot:

I am going to blame this on Indiana's educational system. People just do not understand those flags are incompatible on several levels. Not least of all is the Confederate flag being the flag of losers.

Co-workers here:

At a later break, a different group were complaining about Biden. One daid he looked like a chomo (child molestor for those who have not been in prison). I could not make out the problem they had except a general assertion of him being incompetent compared with Trump. I cannot see it. I think it has more to due with Biden getting things done without having to pound his chest. Yet, this is the blue collar vote talking.

More of those immigrants who are taking over Muncie, seen as I walk to meet the 3:15 bus:

 I left early so I could deliver my Cologuard package to the UPS store on the other side of Muncie. I missed the 3:45 to  to Morningside, then the 4:15 from Morningside bus was late that left me cooling my heels at the bus station. I texted K while waiting for the bus; it was her birthday. I caught the Wal-Mart bus at 5. 

Scenes from the bus:











I made the delivery. Now I had to worry about catching the next bus downtown so I could catch the last bus home. I walked over to Wal-Mart to catch the bus downtown. The wetness was gloomy:





I bought macaroni salad and a bag of veggies at Wal-Mart before catching the bus. I got home about 7 pm. I had ridden a total of 8 buses, had seen 4 different routes, and all it cost me was $1.

I paid rent. Tried making a vegetable soup in the microwave. Watched some tv while I let the phone charge. I got a wild hair and started looking up people I used to know. Some I found alive. A few remain missing.

I texted briefly with my eldest niece. She still lives.

My PO was to communicate with me yesterday. Of course, he did not.

My nephew who wants an apology from me to the family (I thought this blog was an apology) remains uncommunicative. No idea how to transmit any apology to him.

Ukraine remains free. So does Donald Trump. Like the Stones say, you can't always get what you want.

30 minutes before I leave for work. 

Laundry tonight. Is it mot grand having something to look forward to?

Some music?

S story close to home, that still seems relevant today:


And still there is no cure to Eddie's blues:


sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment