Friday, June 24, 2022

No Colonoscopy Thursday

Yep, I did not go through with what was to be the high point of my week. The choice was not really mine. The hospital would not go through with the procedure if I had no one at home to babysit me. That I do lack.

Along these lines, nephew #2 has not sent me an email. I do not know how he will get his apology if he gives me no way to communicate with him.

I put in a full day at work.

I called KH to make sure he was still living. He gave me an idea on how to get to my polygraph on August 2 

I found out my cpap mask is not coming.

The 3:45 bus, again, got to the station late. Just missed my bus home. I was beat. I decided to eat at The Barking Cow instead of buying groceries  Their pot roast sandwich is great. I headed back to the bus station. I smoked a cigarette. My bus arrived. I made to go to it. I could not find my phone. I went back to the restaurant. It was not there. I got a bright idea. I walked back over to where I was standing. There was the phone on top of the plastic trash can next to where I had been standing. This is how tired I was. I missed the 4:45 bus.

I got home. I rested but did not nap. I did walk down to McClure's for soda. I worked through email and some articles. I tinkered again with "Colonel Tom." I showered. I watched the "Old Man" on FX.

I overslept this morning. I am going to lose time today but I did get this post done.

Watched MSNBC last night and this morning, and I have this one thought: Trump was always incompetent and his coup was incompetent. The Republicans used to promote themselves - with success - themselves as practical-minded, competent. They are now further into La La Land than was any acid-dropping 60's Berkeley liberal.

I got my second rejection of "Passerby":

Thank you for sending us "Passerby." We appreciate the chance to read it. Unfortunately, this piece isn't the right fit for us. Please consider us for future submissions.

Thanks again for submitting, Samuel, and we wish you the best in finding a home for this elsewhere.


Sincerely,

The Editors

Pithead Chapel

I picked on them for being out of Michigan.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment