Thursday, October 8, 2026

Rock It!

 No one can be serious all the time. It will get you into a rubber room, or its federal equivalent.


 Rollin' Rock | Discogs - doing some research for a story and found the releases for Rollin Rock records. Probably just for the hardcore rockabilly fan.


 The Top Song From Every Year in the 1970s - okay, these are all but one truly embarrassing.

 


100 Greatest Drummers of All Time - some thought provocation here, as with any list. I would shuffle the top three. Ringo and Charlie Watts may have more influence over more drummers. Well, not the flashy ones.


 

‘Shane was rascality personified’: the Pogues on their late frontman, anti-Irish prejudice and the feud over Fairytale of New York (The Guardian).

Luck, fads, more than talent can make a career.


I never heard Nina Simone before I went to New Jersey. WXPN played her. Gone but deserves more attention than she gets around here. Take a look at Nina Simone, Langston Hughes and their forgotten creative collaboration.

The best covers:

 


 sch 10/4


 10/6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment