Sunday, February 13, 2022

Depression: Bibliotherapy

At one time I thought I had my depression under control. I did not. My depression had control of me and it pushed me towards self-destructive behaviors. Getting arrested by the federal government ruined me as planned but was also an unplanned save.  

I do recommend my example. Take action. Reading Bibliotherapy: The 8 Best Books For Managing Depression:

“Bibliotherapy” refers to reading books to help alleviate mental health issues. And the research suggests it can be an effective form of treatment for mild and moderate depression.

Check out the books recommended. 

I will also offer my own favorite book on depression: Despondency: The Spiritual Teaching of Evagrius Ponticus on Acedia. I learned much that has helped stay on steady path.

sch

2/11/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment