Saturday, January 15, 2022

Writing: Screenwriting Tips from Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is someone who came to prominence while I was in prison. Her only work of her's I have seen is the last Bond movie. Her reputation led to me reading 20 More Screenwriting Tips from Phoebe Waller-Bridge . That they are good general writing tips. I suggest reading all 20 even though I am highlighting these:

6. If your writing feels dangerously truthful, you’re going in the right direction.

We want work that shows our souls on display. Give the audience a peek into who you are and see what connects with them. 

 ***

20. Whenever you get stuck on something, ask yourself, "What would you do and write if you weren't afraid?"

Write something scary to you, something so personal that if you share it, you feel naked. It's the only way to really stand out from the crowd and to make people pay attention. It's not easy, but it demands to be done.

I probably say more about my doubts regarding my writing. It is not like I should feel inhibited after what I have done to my life. Neither should you. Write honestly - honest in the words used, honest in ideas, honest in emotions.

sch

12/31/21



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment