Wednesday, January 19, 2022

5 AM Comes Early

I worried I would oversleep. I did not.

I worried that I would be walking from Cowan Road over to my job. Nope, the bus stops there. I estimate a dozen people got off with me. This stop is not listed in the bus schedule.

I still had trouble clocking in but got it figured out. I even know where to go in.

I feel better, less congestion and a bit less coughing, and a whole lot less pain.

I left early to go to my disability doctor's appointment.  I did not go back. Tomorrow is my first full day.

I took my inhaler along. It came in handy. 

The doctor looked me over. I have tennis elbow, not arthritis. I have problems, but (as I know) others are worse off. I feel a bit more reassured about the medical care I got in prison.

I am not sure about wanting disability. A secure income would be nice. However, part of me does not official recognition of being disabled, of being 61 (soon 62). All is vanity. 

Would I leave home if I did not work? Maybe not. I would stay in and write.

I got back home around 4. The time spent traveling is no longer minutes but hours. 

I ate a bit, took a nap for an hour, missed a call from K. I listened to The Kinks' Misfits album. I got my email off to my PO with info about the new job. I also asked again about the laptop. I spoke with KH. I continued reading Stuart Kaminsky.  

Before I call it a night, I have song of the day from The Kinks.

I still need to deal with the FSSA and the sheriff. That is for tomorrow.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment