Friday, July 9, 2021

Wednesday's Bus Trip

 Wednesday's Bus Trip went much better than yesterday's. I had no feeling of being trapped in hell. Maybe the crazy man outside the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's office was a good omen. The bus went north and then back to East Street. I was the only rider at this time and continued to be so until I got to 10th Street and Shadeland Avenue. 

The first part of the trip - downtown and then onto around Fountain Square- was about seeing so much fine new housing - although downtown there was next to one a part of the Wheeler Mission with its denizens contrasting with the fine place to its south.  Makes me wonder with all this fine looking apartments and houses if there is all that much affordable housing in Indianapolis. After all, Indiana does like to recruit low-paying jobs. 

The bus went down English to Southeastern Avenue. Twin Aire looks to be in operation still. Went by Christian Park - saw a Mexican Restaurant where the old Linder's was. The little DQ is still there on English. 

Then went through the south side of Irvington and then back on English from Arlington to Shortridge. The Ford plant is gone. There is a trucking company next to the old Colonial Bakery. Shortridge has a different trailer park and Trimble's is gone. They tore down Al Green's but maybe that was when I was living down here twenty years ago . IMPD has taken over Eastgate

I saw no movie theaters - not at Twin Aire and not at Eastgate - so where will people go to see movies?  Or is it all at home with Netflix nowadays?

 The Great Clips was at 10th & Shadeland. That intersection looks a little different but the only things I really noticed were no Bonanza restaurant and there's now a sushi restaurant off of 10th.

I got a great haircut, by the way.

Going back, I caught a bus taking me along 10 Street back downtown. My main impression was that much of East 10th Street seems now quite stylish. Then, too, some parts seem unchanged from the Eighties.

I am still unsettled by yesterday's misadventures. One thing I decided today was to print off the bus schedules., to stop thinking I have a clue how anything functions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment