Still Educating Sam Hasler

A strange brew is this, and not all of it is pretty. Partially a record of a crackup and partially a tale of rising from that crackup back into a useful life; and part of that is how I decided writing was necessary to my life and recovery; and another part is just keeping a record of where I have been and what I have learned. You can see the topics I cover the sidebar. The hope is to help others; the purpose is figuring out where I am going. Thank you for dropping by. Feel free to comment.

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Notes From The Weekend

 Dedicated followers of passion: the Kinks’ 40 greatest songs – ranked! | The Kinks | The Guardian

 The-Brick-Foxhole-vs-Crossfire.pdf

 Madison County Democratic Party

Nolan's 'The Odyssey' ruined a poem I never bothered to read | Opinion

 Think of intelligence in terms of goals, not brains | Aeon Videos

 Toward the Next Century of Carmen Martín Gaite - Public Books

 “As Good As It Gets”: Talking Liberalism with Kevin Schultz - Public Books

 Think of intelligence in terms of goals, not brains | Aeon Videos

 After 60 years, scientists uncover metformin’s hidden brain effects | ScienceDaily

sch  

By Sam Hasler Sam Hasler at 12:00 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
For more on the same topic(s): Anderson, Film, Misc, Music

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Featured Post

Another story published!

I have been remiss thanks to the surgery and recuperation to mention the Academy of the Heart And Mind publishing  Ahab In The Moonlight ! A...

My Stories

  • Masque of the Red Death: The Play (Paperback)
  • Death and a Kiss
  • Dinner with Mr. Cochran
  • Passerby (in Thin Air Magazine)
  • Masque of the Red Death: The Play
  • Getting What You Asked For (short play - Folk Opera v9 by Lost Lake Folk Opera
  • "Exemplary Employee" (Dreams of Rust and Glass Anthology)
  • Going for the Kid (Short Story)
  • Ahab In The Moonlight
  • Pieces About A Small Indiana Factory Town, 1861-1984

Popular Posts

  • What the Novelist Can Do That the Historian Cannot
     A lot to ponder from   Jonathan Lee and David Goodwillie Rethink the New York Origin Story : GOODWILLIE: Why did you decide to tell his sto...
  • Obsessive behavior , Again; End of The Writing Group
    I was kicked out of The Cup yesterday, banned from the place, by the owner who had his phone open and ready to the sheriff's website. Hi...
  • Who Knew David Cronenberg Had A Daughter?
     Okay, maybe you're not old enough to know David Cronenberg 's The Fly  or Videodrome . That is your fault, not mine. Today, I learn...
  • Friday and The Aftermath
     I worked on blog posts this morning before heading over to the group thing. This is what Muncie looked like a little before 11 AM.  My stom...
  • Bloodless Sunday
    The song of the day comes from Willie Nile,  Little Light . I not  spend my weekend with  Eddie Cochran. I did some reading of the news. I s...
  • America Backsliding from Democracy?
     The Guardian reports  here  on a study that the US of A is sliding away from democracy. The underling report attributed much to the Covid p...
  • My Second Friday in Muncie
     Bedtime has arrived, but I must comply with my promise to keep a daily update,   I have spent most of the day writing up research I did at ...
  • Working
     I got a shock when I got to working that people were surprised that I would actually work. Hey, IK needed the money (still do) and how else...
  • Talking About Gore Vidal
     I have written about Gore Vidal here  and I will probably do so again. He is a best-selling writer I think worth reading as much for his es...
  • Elizabeth Strout Has a New Novel
     Another writer prison gave me a chance to read was Elizabeth Strout 's My Name Is Lucy Barton   and   Anything Is Possible . I liked ho...

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Feedspot's 100 Best Indiana Blogs

  • Feedspot's 100 Best Indiana Blogs

Followers

Welcome!

“To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Articles By Topic

Politics (1537) books (1283) Supervised release (1228) Indiana (565) Misc (469) philosophy (464) History (374) Muncie (324) Pretrial Detention (315) Film (306) religion (287) Music (248) prison life (239) Law (221) Depression (148) Anderson (147) Constitution (134) Theater (123) Indianapolis (97) Artsy Stuff (94) halfway house life (40) Public Service Message (4)

Blog Archive by Date

RSS Subscriptions Here!

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments

Other Blogs I Like

  • Reason.com
    Animal Advocates Say a Florida Sheriff's Office Blocked Them Online. Free Speech Lawyers Are Fighting Back.
    4 days ago
  • Asymptote Blog
    Translation Tuesday: “I Am Not My Poetry” by Axel Pinpin
    5 days ago
  • The Writer's Workout
    Limericks: Not Your Grandmother's Poetry
    6 days ago
  • Sheila Kennedy
    Eating Their Own
    6 days ago
  • Crooked Timber
    When Money Mattered
    6 days ago
  • Nathan Bransford | Writing, Book Editing, Publishing
    Libraries under threat (This week in books)
    1 week ago
  • Midstory
    Roller Derby’s Cult Renaissance
    1 week ago
  • Classic Movie Man
    Bonded by Loyalty, Tested by Fate: The Emotional Triumph of “Three Comrades”
    1 week ago
  • Midwest Writers Workshop
    Agent Fest Online 2026 Faculty Feature: Cathie Hedrick-Armstrong of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
    1 week ago
  • Orthodox Christian Laity
    Open for Research: The Orthodox Christian Laity Records Processing Project
    1 week ago
  • Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry
    “If I were on trial for being a Christian, would I be found guilty?” What Prison Ministry Taught Me About Living a Christian Life
    1 week ago
  • The Bunburyist
    Upcoming presentation on Carter Brown's work.
    1 week ago
  • Publishing ... and Other Forms of Insanity
    98 Calls for Submissions in September 2026 - Paying markets
    2 weeks ago
  • Orthodox History
    A csendes izgalom művészete: milyen élmény egy modern online kaszinó?
    4 weeks ago
  • Blog - Malinda Lo
    Checking in on queer books this Pride month
    3 months ago
  • The Modern Novel
    Czech literature
    5 months ago
  • Indiana Writers Center
    Literary Events Around Indiana – October 2025
    10 months ago
  • idiocracy23
Show 10 Show All

News Sites and Other Items of Interest

  • Chalkbeat Indiana
  • Axios Indianapolis
  • Ball State Daily News
  • Brennan Center for Justice at NYU Law
  • Indiana Democratic Party
  • Indiana Public Radio
  • Indianapolis Recorder
  • Indianapolis Star
  • Irish Examiner
  • Jacobin
  • Liberties
  • Los Angeles Times
  • Mirror Indiana
  • Muncie Journal
  • The Conversation
  • The Guardian
  • Viet Thanh Nguyen
  • Words Without Borders

Followers

Report Abuse

Powered by Blogger.