Tuesday, April 9, 2024

The eclipse was magnificent. How the temperature dropped was uncanny.

We got off work early. Bloody knee gave me fits, so I was doubly glad to be home early.

I invited CC over. She was doing laundry. She did not show up.

I caught the bus over to Ball State, stopping at Chava's Mexican Grill for a vegetarian burrito and a pineapple drink. Both were very true. I am doing what I can to keep Lent.

 I am worn out, again. I have a 30 minute walk back to the apartment. But I did see the eclipse!

It may be that I never was out of wi-fi. I learned I may have found one place in Bracken Library without wi-fi. Just my luck.

Email picked through, and I managed to read When Theology Fuels the War. This is why Trump could not settle this war, and it is why Americans think Putin thinks like they do are fools. Dear Evangelical Protestants, you are heretics. The one way to fight a religious war is to stop the aggressor, or else they think they do have God on their side.

Tuesday_ 

Off early, again, I was also late to work. The knee really started hurting when I got back home. I napped this afternoon, then off to CVS and Family Dollar. I need to get to the BMV. I also need to download forms from the IRS.

I made it to Bracken Library around 6. It is almost 8. It looks like it has stopped raining. Warm today, but I wore the heavy hoodie anyway.

Rejections!

Thank you for sending us your work to consider. 

Our readers and editors have read it carefully. Unfortunately, this piece does not fit our current editorial needs, but we appreciate the opportunity to consider it.

Thanks again for submitting to The Common. We know that submitting your work takes time and energy, and we wish you the best in placing your piece elsewhere.

***

 Thank you for offering your creative work for consideration to Fiction. On behalf of Ignatian's editorial team, we regret to inform you that we do not have a place for your submission, "Between the Dead and the Dying" at this time.


Please do not feel discouraged by this, or by any momentary setback. Thank you again for letting us see your work, and for your interest in our magazine.


Best wishes,


Ignatian staff

ignatianlitmag.com

 And there I end my day with you.


I need more time here. How to find it is the question.



sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment