Saturday, April 6, 2024

Here I am, Again

 I should be done with "Love Stinks" by this time tomorrow. It has about done me in. I should also not say that it is done - I thought it was pretty much finished about 2 weeks, 10 days ago. 

No rain, sleet, or snow today, so I came over to BSU to use the Wi-Fi. I might have tried to do that last night except I pretty much collapsed after work.

I got my Eclipse glasses today at Payless. 

When was the last time I was here? Last Sunday? No, the buses were running. Anyway, I have gone to work and back to the apartment and to the closest VP, and nowhere else. Yes, that is the kind of time I have been putting in on the novel.

I think the knee is functioning almost normally. We will see tonight. I got here around 3 and it is 6:15. I do not take any more nicotine deprivation, so I will be getting out of here soon.

One note: the wi-fi still breaks down, even at BSU.

More rejections came in. "Local Boy Who Made Good" got this one:

Thank you for your submission to The Saturday Evening Post. Please accept our apology for the extreme delay in responding. Our editorial team is small and we are reaching out to contributors as quickly as possible. After careful consideration, we are sorry to say that we will not be publishing your story in our publication. Because of the sheer volume of freelance submissions we receive, we regret that we are unable to provide a more personal response. We are indebted to independent writers like yourself, without whom publishing our magazine and our online content would not be possible.


 Sincerely,



The Saturday Evening Post Editors

3 hours alter and still have not finished with email, or gotten back to the novel. I need to write an email, then I head home.


sch 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment