Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Wrecked but I Did It

 Yesterday, was a day of bad omens. I broke the shower - it would not shut down.

 Some reading before the bus came:Drama at the Lavra: What’s at Stake? by Rev. Dr. Nicholas Denysenko. Indiana showing up, again, in the strangest of places. Public Orthodoxy and the Ukrainian church.

In Indiana, the General Assembly shows some sense, Indiana House committee abandons contentious library materials amendment — for now.

The Point Podcast - essays, essay. I know I will not find time for this, but I will give it a try if you will.

McSweeney's My Shrine to the Ancient One Is About My Love of History by Ryan Lancaster feels a bit too smart for its own good, or right on the mark.

A bit late on posting Orthodox Scholars Preach | Palm Sunday - Dr. Ekaterini Tsalampouni:


I tried making it to Yorktown for the new cpap mask, and found out it a bridge way too far. For the first time in a very long time, I felt nervous about a new job. I did not know if I could do the job.

Well, I was competent at putting rubber tubes onto a solenoid. Eight hours, I got most of the clamps within tolerances.

It also wrecked me. The SSI doctor might have decided I was capable of working, but my left arm was numb even until this moment. My back locked up with 3 hours to go. I got back here and there was not enough hot water for a shower. I collapsed.

I managed to walk down to McClure's this morning for Coca-Cola - after smearing myself with Ben-Gay and spending an hour with a hot compress on my lower back.

I do not know the money is worth feeling like this. I have an interview at 1 am for another job. I'll never get anything else done than work, recuperate, work.

I got a rejection (#2) for "Road Tripping" from Lascaux Review:

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider your work. Unfortunately, we don't feel it's a good fit for our journal.

Please keep in mind that opinions about writing are highly subjective, and just because a piece isn't right for us doesn’t mean it won’t be perfect for someone else. We'll be happy to consider any new work you care to submit in the future.

Editorial Staff,  The Lascaux Review

But let me put all this in perspective. I got word this morning from Paul Schmura that his mother died. He has been taking care of her. Say a prayer for him, please.

I need to get the bus to the sheriff's. So I end here. 

sch 9:11 AM




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment