Wednesday, November 30, 2022

60 to 26

  It was 60 degrees yesterday. Today, right now, it is 26.

Last night, it was almost 3 hours to get me from work to home.

I stopped and talked to the attorney about dad's estate. Then I stopped at Target to get my ibuprofen. I walked from Target back to the room. 

I ate dinner - clam chowder. Looked at the email. Gave up trying to do anything and was asleep by 8:30. I live a very wild life now. First full day of work in a week and I guess that did me in.

Up at 1:30 am, up at 4 am, and out of bed at 5:30. It had gotten very cold in 4 hours. Ah, Indiana's weather!

8 hours of repackaging, but I did 2 days in a row. That is the first time in 2 weeks. The problem is now more with the left knee.

I found out my cousin Paul is having a leg amputated tomorrow. Quite a shock, sounds like it is an emergency, a problem with a vein. He was once quite the basketball player. We get old, I ma not sure if either of us have aged very well.

The PO showed up. He had his usual questions about my personal life. I finally pointed out I do not have time for one. Hard living up to his expectations of me being a sex fiend. He did mention knowing about this blog. I guess he looked at it without reading the Supervised Release posts. He would then know like you do what my daily life is like.

I was supposed to start work on research for dad's estate. Instead, I talked to KH for about an hour. He is a tough audience. What I thought was funny, he did not. I think he cares more about my dignity than I do.

We also talked about my story. After the end of the call, I revised the first two paragraphs.

Then I started on this past.

Problem Solving remains on a roll:

We have carefully considered your submission, "Problem Solving," and regret that we do not have a place for it in Indiana Review. We appreciate your support and wish you luck placing your work elsewhere.


Sincerely,

The Editors

Indiana Review

###

Thank you for sending us "Problem Solving." We appreciate the chance to read it, but unfortunately, it does not meet our needs at this time. We wish you the best of luck placing it elsewhere.

Sincerely,
Guernica Magazine

I expected Guernica to reject it; I had hopes for The Indiana Review.

 Thank you for submitting your work to Orca. As writers ourselves we truly appreciate the time and effort that goes into crafting creative writing. We know a lot about rejection too, and know that even the most positive rejection carries with it the sting of disappointment. But the nature of literary journals means we have to make judgments—many arbitrary—about others’ work. So although we have chosen not to publish your story, we wish you well in placing this work in another venue.

Sincerely,

Joe, Zac, Renee, and the Orca staff

Orca, A Literary Journal

And another for "Colonel Tom":

Thank you so much for submitting "Colonel Tom" to Moot Point Magazine! While we read your work with great interest, we’ve found that this isn’t the right piece for us at this time. 

We really hope you'll find the perfect home for this piece. We found a lot to admire within your writing, and would sincerely love to consider more of your work in the future. 


Sending warmth and luck!


Editors 

Moot Point Magazine

Things I have looked at these past two days:

Sorry, nothing racy. See this is what I have a left to myself: a reputation as having a one track mind. 

But it has determined me to finish my letter writing, do my Christmas cards, and read some books tomorrow night. The legal stuff will have to wait. No fiction to work on right now. Yes, no reading much online tomorrow.

And so I am done. Lust seems to be a worry for the federal government, so I think this is appropriate:

sch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment