Monday, August 10, 2026

 Yesterday, I did the most walking I have done since the surgery. There was a baptism at 8:30. I made it almost to St. Barnabas on my own power. Then it was down and back to White River.

I napped for maybe two hours when I got back. 

 I spent the rest of the daydoing some revising “The Dead and Dying” novella. I made some changes - small ones - after the writing group on Wednesday. Those I did yesterday then added sections for a newer character that feature John B. Harvey and Albert Hyatt. I added one for Hyatt that involves Mike Devlin pulling him into politics. I found a publisher that will take novellas but has a 100 page bottom requirement. I hit 101 tonight.

No appetite. Not sure what that means.

One rejection received: 

Dear Samuel,  

Thank you for thinking of NewMyths. Unfortunately “The Unintended Consequences of Art” is not quite what we are looking for at this time. We wish you good luck placing it elsewhere.

Susan Shell Winston, editor

I already began procrastinating this morning: 

Traces of Two Extinct 'Ghost' Ancestors Were Found Hiding in Modern Human DNA, Hinting at Our Extremely Complex Family Tree

Two thoughts: I left my phone at churcfh and I am up way too early. 


 sch

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment