Monday, August 10, 2026

Submissions & A Rejection 5/1/2026

[Moving stuff back from my abandoned WordPress blog.] 

 “Pieces About A Small Indiana Factory Town, 1836-1984” was sent to Epiphany Magazine and Short Story Substack. I did some more revising on “Pieces” following a criticism that I read as my diluting the Bridges family story. It is part of a longer story - what I think of as a novella derived from a collection of interconnected short stories - about the decline and struggles of a small Indiana factory town. It was not meant to be my version of Buddenbooks, although I cannot say Thomas Mann was not in my mind.

That novella is titled “Scenes From An Indiana Factory Town.” That I sent to Sunspot Literary Journal. The revisions made to “Pieces” went into this submission.

“After Making Landfall” went to Pinch (Tahoma Literary Review).

Meetinghouse rejected “Going For the Kid.”

Thank you for your submission to Meetinghouse Magazine. Although we must decline your submission this time, we appreciated the chance to consider it and hope to read your work in the future. We will open for submissions to our next issue in October.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Meetinghouse Magazine

SCH 5/2

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment