Friday, July 22, 2022

Job Gotten, Job Given Up, A Better Thursday

 I remained unwell on Wednesday. Aching joints. But I had to go to the Sheriff's and I had my second interview with McAlister's. I rode the bus out to the sheriff's and felt every bump and jolt. I meant to walk to work from there. All went well until I found out I had not brought along my Social Security card. I did not go to work. I came back to the room to wait on the interview 

I got the job. I walked over. Furthest I walked in days. But it was part time and the pay period was bi-monthly. On the way back I started making calculations. I called KH to double check my thinking. The thing was I would need to be working three jobs for the next three weeks and I was having trouble with two. I walked back to the restaurant, saw the guy who hired me, explained the problem and gave up the job. I have done anything like this.

Thursday, I got to work. I still had pain in my shoulders and arms. Walking from Cowan Road took all my will. I talked to the supervisor and will be going toa 4 day week. I walked out with aching arms, but I made it through the day.

My sister came down. She got me to the doctor for my blood draw. We went grocery shopping. I brought steaks at Lahody's. Back here to fix dinner. I had borrowed a grill and fixed potatoes and the steaks. This was the first meal I cooked since 2010.

We had a job time. I actually felt better than I had all week.

After she left I cleaned out email and watched a little of the 1/6.Committee hearing.

I did not sleep well. The cpap mask must be replaced. That is a call I need make today.

I am moving slow today. I think I will be late, again. I need get to McClure's before work and I am writing this. But I will miss no more days.

sch,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment