Saturday, October 22, 2022

Saturday's Adventures

I went to Payless, and they had no chicken, and I left. Having been desiring a stand for typing, I walked over to Staples. I went to Walmart on the south side. This got me home around 2 pm. 

After lunch, I started working on the blog. While doing that, I listened to three new-to-me John Mellancamp albums.  I admit to thinking that Mellancamp has improved with age. Those hung up on "Hurts So Good" will have a problem with these new songs. What I was saying about grimness in the Midwest applies to these songs.



 

 

I gave up having a headache. I piddled a bit with email. Then I checked out Mini-Mag. While I liked what I read, I see no place for my stuff - not happy enough or ironic enough or just not right. Here is a poem I did like:

how to use miniMAG

let it breathe, live, die
put work out there
hear nothing back
get frustrated by the silence
create more
it’s not pride and prejudice
or gravity’s rainbow
or sliced bread
you didn’t transcend reality
write more
let it breathe
be cliché so you can feel
cliché and know cliché and stop being
inadvertently clichéd (you tortured
genius you)
create more
put it in a paperback
let it burn
create more

Alex Prestia

I see good sense there.

I finished up with the computer by reading Taut, Not Trite: On the Novella from The Millions. Well written, thought-provoking about a topic that interests me - what can be done in a form shorter than the novel and longer than the short story (which does not feel like a natural fit for me, who sprawls).

And that ends the day.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment