Saturday, September 10, 2022

Work Proceeds

 Early Saturday morning here, trying to get a few updates to the blog before heading out to wash dishes.

Friday started with me with shoulders sore from Thursday. I thought that would be the hardest part - to get started. Nope, I left work an hour early thanks to being just a light-headed and tired and still sore. I ate some Advil, four at a time, since I mixed two up with the Cheetos in my hand.  I wanted to get some groceries and get back to working on my short story. Having a short layover at the bus station, I went down to the bank for cash. That is when I found I had lost my debit card. That was reported and cash gotten for rent and to hold me over for the next few days. I decided to just come home.

I found the free HBO the other day. So I turned that on and laid down to watch a bit of The Batman before running up to pay my rent. Thing is, I fell asleep for a while - not quite an hour.  Time lost. I went up and paid my rent and then down to McClure's for essential supplies.

I have to say, The Batman surprised me with it being very much a detective story. I am a little unclear about the flooding and the big climax because I had started typing by then.

I figured out how to make potato ramen soup in the microwave. Friday being a fast day, and I am trying (haphazardly) to keep the fasts, dinner was hummus and potato/pea soup.

I finished typing "Problem Solving". I will proofread. 3,851 words. That will cut down the possible places to place it, but so it goes. I have made a few changes from the handwritten draft, nothing spectacular, more like tightening up. 

I kept HBO on last night and saw bits of the new Games of Throne show (lots of talking) and The Many Saints of Newark.  I know little of The Sopranos, but the movie was good. Not so distracting, I could not get my revisions done.

As for blog posts, I continue with publishing one of my prison journals. I am plowing through my notes on Raintree County right now, and the current batch is scheduled up to Monday. You can find these posts under Books.

The plan is to wash dishes, hit Payless for the makings of tonight's dinner, and get back here to work on the play. Losing the debit card means I cannot deposit my check and order the Gabb phone. In fact, I am not sure if I can use the debit card info I have to pay for the phone, and will need to wait until the new card arrives. Another day, another crisis.

Was listening to KDHX until Firefox crashed, and now listening to the following on YouTube:


Made me think of a certain 1971 Chevy Nova. You remember that car, KH?

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment