Thursday, June 23, 2022

Wednesday, Accomplishing Nothing

The Start

For some reason unknown to me, the alarm is not set for Wednesday. I woke at 6. I am an hour behind. 

I woke at 12:30 and 2:30. Maybe I will not have trouble taking my medicine in the coming night. I fixed up my medicine.

I checked the reads for "Death and a Kiss" and they stand at 844.

Now to catch the 6:45 bus.


The Running

I caught the bus. I made work just 40 minutes wait 

I wore the shorts bought Tuesday. My knees did not ache as much as they did with my jeans. My shirt was still plastered to my back.

No Colonoscopy

I got a call from Ball Hospital returning my call about when the colonoscopy would be over. The plan was for me to take a taxi home. Hospital wanted someone here to babysit me. I have no one. I cancelled the colonoscopy.

I used the cancelling to call T2. Left a message saying since she could not come take care of me, I had to cancel the colonoscopy. She called me back around 2, wanting to know how she was supposed to do this since she was half the state away. I got a laugh out of her but no firm date on when she would get my box to me.

Home

The #12 bus was a little and very slow. I missed the 4:15 #5 bus. I was thirsty. I headed over to The Barking Cow. I gave up on the Wednesday fast for a chili dog and a Coke.

Back in the room, I ditched my shoes. The feet throbbed. I checked the email. Another rejection of "Colonel Tom":

Thank you for the opportunity to read Colonel Tom. While we did not find a place for it in our upcoming issue, we wish you well in your writing and hope that your work will be a perfect fit for another publication. 


Sincerely, 

John Ziebell

Red Rock Review

Tired, I decided to take a nap. I slept until 8. I ate. I walked down to McClure's. I watched TV. I showered. I called it a day.

Now to do it all, again.

Sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment