Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Revived and Dreading the Day

 Yesterday I did not go to work. I woke hurting in my knees, back, and sinuses packed. Four weeks without a day off caught up with me. The dry heat from the room's heater cause my sinus troubles. I did not wake until almost six. K came to get the bike. I planned on getting the 9:15 bus.

I caught the bus on time. The banging around, the lurching of the bus, had my aches in my joints reaching new highs. I left early do I could deposit my restaurant pay check and talk to an attorney about dad's estate. I forgot the check. I fid talk to the attorney. I ate my lunch. I felt like my knees throb; a throb that ran up to my shoulders. I needed $40 for today's group therapy. I gave up on going to work. I came back to the room. I planned on catching the bus in 30 minutes. I fell asleep for about 90 minutes. I did catch the bus, I did get the check deposited, but not enough gas. I missed the next bus back. I went to get cigarettes. Hurting, I smoke. Then there at the bus station weirdness struck.

I ram into a former client. I expected the worst. Instead, I got thanks and a testimonial. I was bowled over. I look back at my career and think I never did anyone any good. I wish I had heard this back in 2009. I had to turn my eyes away. They started to get wet. I found a point where Zoloft could not level off my emotions.

I called K about this meeting as I rode home. Still hurting. Having lost $80 in pay. Here is another example of how things work out for a reason. We just need to pay attention.

I stopped at McClure's to get my dinner. Back at the room I smeared Ben-Gay on my knees, I submitted "Colonel Tom," and waited for my other counselor to call. That session went over. I just babbled. It helps I have a backstop to check my thinking.

After dinner, I did a few more submissions if my story before starting a long post on my group therapy session. That took up most of my evening. 

I hot a text from my sister that she was home. That came just as I was going to bed.

II need to get dressed, my lunch, get to work. I expect to be run through the gauntlet again during today's group session. I hope to get back to work before going to the sheriff. I need get some groceries. No idea when I will be home. Maybe in 13 hours.

One thing unmentioned in last night's post on the group: I came up with the idea of turning the experience into a play.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment