Saturday, February 5, 2022

Saturday: To Minnestrista

Overdid my nap. Not very perky but let's move on.

Minnetrista Museum & Gardens had its 32nd Minnetrista Annual Juried Art Show. I decided to go. I rode the bus down to the Mits station and then the North Walnut Street bus. I walked from Walnut over to the facility.

I stopped first at The Orchard Shop. These are my pictures of the place:




The last shows books by local authors.

Then I walked over to the museum, walked in, and took this lame photo:


The show was on the second floor and this was the view from the second floor looking west:

With this picture I am trying to show the room in which was the exhibit:

Now for what caught my eye:








I photographed this card because I thought it a hoot, maybe better than the work itself:


The work itself:


These are first, second and third prize professional winners:




This is the avocational winner:


I left there and found there was another exhibit:






I missed the worst years of the opioid crisis, so this was a bit of an eye-opener.

I thought I had time to catch the northbound Walnut Street bus. I did not. I missed the bus by about a block. I had meant to buy groceries at Aldi's, so I started walking. I can still be stubborn and willful. Thankfully, the wind was not blowing, the sun was out and it was not a miserable walk. That makes willfulness so much easier.



sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment