Sunday, February 6, 2022

Good night, Muncie

Not quite as jaunty as Good Night, Vienna, but so it goes.

Not much to say about today. I woke up early and I napped after breakfast. I woke after a nasty bout of coughing. The throat keeps drying up.

I wrote some for the blog, including Another Rejection. I did some reading online. 

I read Jean Genet's The Balcony while listening to Jerry Lee Lewis. An interesting play. I found online Analysis of Jean Genet’s The Balcony and found this spot on:

...Instead of Beckett’s minimalist void, Genet’s version of the absurd is, in Sartre’s phrase, a “whirligig of reality and illusion.”

After eating a pot pie for dinner, I called my sister.  I tried calling E. I went down to McClure's for a bottle of pop.

I worked on revising a short story. Finishing that I started writing this note. I thought to read some Celine before sleeping but it is closing in on 11 and 5 AM comes early. If it were not for work I might not ever go out except a weekly grocery raid.

So it is lights off as soon as I publish this and turn out the lights.

sch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment