Friday, December 3, 2021

Early on December's First Friday

 Up on time, breakfast of oatmeal done, and looking forward. Laundry must get done. That means catching the bus in 45 minutes. Then back here. Then off to the grocery. Bouncing around on my day off. Phone calls to make this afternoon.

I splurged yesterday on dinner at McAlister's Deli. A glorified Subway. I liked. The cheesecake but not impressed with having spent almost $18.00.

But I noticed something there that I had seen before at Five Brothers - tipping the cashier. Although here a person did bring my sandwich to me. Him, I should have left something and would have if I were carrying cash. Tips are for service. 

I got to work early. I walked since the leg was not hurting. I read an essay on David Foster Wallace.

I walked back, too. It was a good night for the first of December. I brought back some barbequed brisket for supper. I stopped at McClures gor milk. Then back to the room to eat. 

And that brings me up to now as I write this while listening to yesterday's Greaser's Lunchbox.

Time to leave you for now.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment