Friday, November 5, 2021

Margaret Atwood Has a Sense of Humor

The Guardian published Margaret Atwood's introduction to On Cats: An Anthology, published on 2 November by Notting Hill Editions. I found it charming, but then it is about cats. Give it a read here, it is rather short. If you read this blog long enough you will find out I have taken an interest in Margaret Atwood's work.

I wrote several commemorative poems. I also re-wrote Tennyson’s Morte d’Arthur, substituting cats. Blackie is the dying king, Sir Cativere is his trusty friend, the three queens on the barge bearing King Blackie to the mouse-filled island orchard of Avilion caterwaul in grief (“And on the mere the mewing died away…”). Yes, I know, it was crazed. But strangely therapeutic.

That is a cat person. 

The book can bought through the Guardian by going here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment