Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Rainy Monday Becomes Tax Day

 Monday was clod and windy. I think there was snow in the air. The kind of wet snow that is almost rain and is water when it hits the ground.

The only person I saw was the cleaning lady.

I did not do much.

I listened to Joe Belock's Three Chord Monte on WFMU before switching to WITT out of Zionsville

I saw this in today's Indeed feed:

Dishwasher - Muncie Chili's
Chili's 3.6 3.6/5 rating - Muncie, IN
Keep dish room and equipment clean and organized. Flexible part-time or full-time schedule. Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment.
Just posted

Been there, done that.

I have not heard back from the gardening supply company. I recall they wanted to start on Wednesday, so I take it that is a no go for me. 

"Aftermath" got a rejection from Spank the Carp:

Thank you so much for submitting your work for review. It is not quite right for SPANK the CARP so I've decided to pass at this time.
 
Ken, Editor

I did not even make a trip to McClure's.

Nothing added to the blog. I went to sleep after Perry Mason. I need to get that new mask, this one is so close to being shot.

I did not call Chili's, but I did put out more job applications.

I did start rewriting "Psychotic Ape."

Tuesday:

I need to do the running I did not do yesterday: Hitachi, FedEx, post office. Awake for 90 minutes and all I have accomplished is to go to McClure's for Coca-Cola. Oh, I need to get to the bank and then laundry done.

At least, the sun is shining. 

I have managed a bit of reading this morning - the email feels too out of control of late.

 Indiana chief justice: State should act to avoid ‘justice by geography’ is the last thing I read before sending this post back to drafts:

Rush says drug use and addiction have led to the state’s highest incarceration rate and one of the highest rates of foster care in the country.

Using drug courts as alternatives does not mean eliminating punishment for those who commit drug-related crimes.

“At the same time, there is no question that methamphetamine exacts a devastating toll on individuals, families, and our communities,” Rush wrote. “And Kellams exacerbated that toll by choosing to deal methamphetamine. This serious offense requires a commensurate sentence.”

I-Team 8 noted that there are the people who have become addicts, there are innocent victims, there are the people who live next door to the drug dealers, there are families with sons or daughters who became addicts because of this disparity. I-Team 8 asked the chief justice what the state’s highest court says to those people.

“Our job is too not overlook the crime. There has to be consequences in regard to the criminal behavior and there is going to be just punishments given to the criminal behavior,” Rush said. “You have a person that is an addict. You treat addiction as a disease — it is a treatable disease — and punish the criminal behavior. That is a tough balance sometimes but there are victims, you know, there are a lot of victims. Somebody got dealt that first methamphetamine. We have to deal with the dealers.”

She sounds sensible.

8:33 am 

The Indiana return was put in the mail, so was a request for extension of time for the IRS.

I made it to Hitachi, got my pay card, and just now when I was trying to activate the thing, it did not work. KH thinks I am such a luddite now about computers. Considering who much time I have spent with them the past 30 years, this is a little annoying. What I do not like is relying upon them. I do not find them quite the godsend everyone else does. I particularly like having my money in a paper check. What does not seem noticeable is that electronic payments save companies the cost of printing checks. It is not about convenience for the employee. Now I must go back to Hitachi, get Focus to fix the problem - wrong name, wrong info with the card company. The week's rent depends upon this.

I made changes to "Aftermath" - that was most of my evening. The morning was spent with "Psychotic Ape."

Between Hitachi and the post office, I stopped at FedEx for copying. Muncie is getting a Jersey Mike's. On the way back, I stopped off at McClure's and got a pot pie.

I texted with my sister. But I did not call Chili's.

We have a frost warning tonight, and I will be signing off now.

Tomorrow: sheriff's, Meridian Health, laundry, interview, and Hitachi. I do not think I will get much writing done tomorrow.

i have spent the day listening to Esquerita, The Who, and Valerie June (someone I heard first out of Philly), and I leave you with her:

sch 9:50 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment