Friday, March 3, 2023

Annoyed

 Firefox keeps locking up, and I cannot figure out why. This morning has been even more bothersome.

All I remember accomplishing yesterday was getting to the sheriff's and reading more of Aristotle's The Politics.

Last night, CC and I attended Muncie's First Thursday downtown. my annoyance started last night. She was not well, started falling asleep over dinner. Conversation was non-existent. Then she did not call when she got home. While waiting for her to call, I recalled a comment about her not thinking the lack of a certain amount of money would not hurt my finances. I do not think this will continue. I do not have time to waste.

 CC and I did make it to see the art at Gordy Fine Art & Framing. CC liked the jewelry and glass work and several of the paintings. All local people, all good stuff. Next month they will do jewelry.

Dinner at Casa del Sol. I had the VIP Burrito. Bacon on a burrito! Who'd have thought it would be so good?

I did get a call from Joel C last night. We talked for a while about our health, jobs, how we were enjoying the single life (he is, and I plan to do more so), and our writing. The highlight of my night.

After that, I did some work on the frist section of "Road Tripping." I had been in a bit of a hurry to meet CC and there were wrrors.

“Colonel Tom” was rejected again, I got this email this morning:

We are grateful for your willingness to share your writing with us. However, your work was not selected for our Spring issue. We wish you the best with all your writing endeavors.

Sincerely,

The Good Life Review Team

Rejections, especially of this story, were part of my conversation with Joel. 

 Based out of Omaha, Nebraska—astride the often unnoticed—we know there is a myriad of voices who call the regions surrounding us home. The Good Life Review is committed to exploring the overlooked. Our mission is to lift the strange, the daring, the underrepresented; and reveal complexities hidden in the Heartland and beyond. We seek to elevate writing that takes risks and challenges perceptions, writing that haunts long after the last line.

Taxes and FSSA and groceries? Who knows. The FSSA stuff is a must.

Reading I have managed this morning:

From The Brisbane Times book review: Hitchcock to Meryl Streep: The Hollywood history that’s full of juicy tales 

From The Times Literary Supplement, Mary Beard's The cold eyes of heaven Euripidean revenge tragedies that continue to trouble us

From CrimeReads: Uncrackable: 5 Films Featuring Devilishly Difficult Heists 

I skimmed The New Yorker's The End of the English Major between crashes and pop-up requests for a subscription.

From NPR: 

 I have seen 14 of the 77 movies on the canon list. I still want to see The Mandalorian.

Onto other things.

sch

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment