Sunday, January 22, 2023

Recovery Saturday

 The shoulder is better today. 

I got out to McClure's this morning for caffeinated sugar water and to Payless for groceries this afternoon. Otherwise, I stayed here and typed up Road Trip, Part I of "Chasing Ashes." Then, when that was done, I worked on cleaning out blog posts and doing a little reading.

Something is wrong, I find Mona Charen far less objectionable than I once did. Not that I agree wholly with phonics, I grew up memorizing words and being told to use the dictionary, but she has apparently righteous facts in her Why Johnny Might Finally Learn to Read

But do I have a problem with phonics - because English isn't French or German, where spelling does follow sound. Read Every Letter Is Silent, Sometimes.

Aeon's The other Cleopatra was a bit of history I did not - including the Cleopatra had a daughter.

A different view of the US and South America that might interest you: Did Washington Boost Another South American Coup?

I will get an email off to Charlie G, and go to bed.

sch 12:22 am


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment