Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Not a Great Wednesday

Well, the great snow storm did not materialize. That was good.

I did not get in my 8 hours today. More like 7.5. I made the mistake of tuna for lunch and a banana for dessert. This mixture kept reminding me of its existence until after I left at 3 pm. The headache did not help, either. So, not very good at all. 

I made it to the sheriff's. That was ok.

Back in the room around 5:15, after stopping off at McClure's, and now having eaten dinner, and eliminated some of my email, I want to sleep. Some of the email follows:

Thank you for the opportunity to consider your submission "The Masque of the Red Death." We've read it with care but have decided not to accept it for publication, though we wish you the best of luck placing it elsewhere.

Sincerely,

The Editors of The Cincinnati Review

2023-01-25 11:02:11 (GMT -5:00)

and

Thank you very much for submitting your work to Soundings East. Among the many submissions we received, we were delighted to read yours, but unfortunately this selection will not be a fit for our upcoming issue. We do hope you'll consider submitting again during future reading periods.

Best Wishes,


Salem State University Soundings East

http://www.salemstate.edu/soundingseast

It is 7:03. I will try to stay on here until 8, but no promises.

Considering what feels as the main point of my day, I offer you Harry Chapin:


 sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment