Monday, January 9, 2023

Brazilian Neo-Fascist Attack Capitol, Lula Goes On Attack

Has everybody heard the news out of Brazil? If not, read Brazil protests: Lula vows to punish ‘neo-fascists’ after Bolsonaro supporters storm congress from The Guardian.

I suppose I could take the time and write a longer screed, but I am doing my laundry and I doubt anyone will read this. In case you do pay attention, dear reader, consider this:

Lula was not in Brasília at the time of the attack but he gave an angry speech blaming Bolsonaro for the chaos and promising that “anyone involved will be punished”.

Calling those who took part in the attacks “vandals, neo-fascists and fanatics”, Lula ordered a federal intervention in the capital, bringing policing under the control of the central government.

Those paragraphs make me wonder about this: how much longer before we see indictments here for the January 6 ringleaders?

sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment