Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday... The Rest of the Story

 Laundry done, and the clock going on 3 pm.

I lunched while doing my laundry.

Another post done for "Pretrial Detention" as well as a change in publishing on the topic. I will use Sundays only for these posts and my daily reports.

Read No end of a lesson Did the redcoats ever learn from their mistakes? from The Times Literary Supplement.

Irene Goes Wild

Stuart Margolin died. So did Jack Black (I liked The Stranglers, but never went wild over them)

Lots of stuff looks interesting at The New Criterion, but I have not time for it. Nor for any more of the TLS. A nap feels like it is coming on.

The nap last until 4:30; about 90 minutes more4 than I had wanted. 

I had dinner, wrote more posts for "Pretrial Detention", while listening to Joe Jackson and Muddy Waters, and took a shower. So bloody relaxed, I want to call it a day. My brain wants tot stay awake and see about place "Best of Intentions." Then, too, there are some long reads on the email. I sent the pay stub to the PO. 

Marjorie Taylor Greene has a very important shopping tip for you this Christmas season - I wish I could buy some CVS stock because I know it will be going up now.

The weather is getting worse. Welcome to Indiana!

Two more rejections.

samuel,
  we received many wonderful submissions during this period, and we are beyond grateful that you have chosen to submit to us! after review, we are unfortunately unable to accept your work for publication in our third issue. however, we highly encourage you to submit to us in the future, as we have truly enjoyed the opportunity to read your pieces. we wish you the absolute best, and we hope that you will again choose to share your creativity with us in the future! thank you so much.
 
best,
lavender bones editorial team

###

 Thank you for allowing us to read your story--and believe me, your background is welcomed here. THank you for sharing your story with me. I'm sorry for holding on to your submission for so long. Unfortunately, we have limited space and could not find a place for this piece in the couple next issues of Stirring, though we found much to enjoy in your writing here. I welcome you to submit again soon and send my best, sincerely,

Shaun Turner, Fiction Editor
Stirring: A Literary Collection

 Oh, boy. That was "Passerby" getting rejected. Stirring, I sent that back in June, and Lavender in October.

I am not going to doubt their sincerity. I would have 12 years ago or more, So, I put them on a list to revisit.

It is almost 11 pm. I have the email down to a manageable size. It is easy when one get liberal with the delete key.

Thanks to prison, I finally got to read Thomas Mann. Magic Mountain is amazing, but my first was Buddenbrooks. I never thought of it as a comedy, but the following makes a good argument for it being so (and gives a very good synopsis of the novel): Thomas Mann, the humorous German: comedy in ‘Buddenbrooks’


 

I still need to see about shopping "Best of Intentions." Tomorrow, along with the dentist.

sch 10:57 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment