Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday Morning Came Down

 Up at seven, pumpkin pie for breakfast, Gary Cooper on the TV, and back here to work. It is 9:03. In another hour, I will do my laundry.

I got one post done for my "Pretrial Detention" category, and will start on another following I make these notes.

I really need to clean out the email. I am down to stuff needing to be read, not skimmed. There is also the latest issue of the Times Literary Supplement. From there I read Modelled on the master: The origins and authorship of a seventeenth-century comedy (a playwright's education) and A sea-brooding poet: Meditations on Keats’s poems, and a new account of his last days (I have read a little of Keats).

Vigdis Hjorth keeps coming across my screen, so I read Is Mother Dead by Vigdis Hjorth – a daughter’s lament, a review from The Guardian. Another book, I would read if I had time.

I have one bit of Lockridge research to do. I have to buy the article. It is $3. That I can afford. So far, every idea I have had has been long anticipated. I am not sure if this makes me Mr. Obvious or if my ego should be salved by being in good company. However, no one has made much of Lockridge reading Proust. 

I am also looking into venues that will publish an almost 9,000-page story.

9:38

I went to the office an hour ago, but no one was there to give me change.

The last Lockridge essay was read and added to my notes.

The second "Pretrial Detention" note was typed and added to this blog. It was far more coherent than the first. Reading me feels strange. The ideas I do not necessarily object to, although time makes some a bit naive, but the writing, the expression, of those ideas feels a bit desperate. I wanted to get things out of my head while I could. I did not expect to come home. My thinking was the lungs have to quit before 2021. My sincerity I do not doubt any more than I think this was my way of coming back to sanity. Therein might be desperation - it is a clawing back feeling I get from myself. I may be happier about that than the quality of my thinking.

Daily Kos published links to some cartoons - The blithering idiot, Right wing range, and The Donald Trump Mysteries—'The Racist Repast'.

Time to do laundry. The morning is as good as done, and the time limit has run on my title.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment