Monday, September 12, 2022

Sunday into Monday: Work,Writing, a Foot Doctor

I walked to work yesterday. It looked like rain, so I pulled out the long coat. 

Good thing because looks became a drenching. I really want to know what Muncie has against sidewalks.

I got a compliment from the owner about being a hard worker. I do not see how I work any harder than anyone else. He gave me a bonus. I took it. As my mother used to say, beggars cannot be choosers.

I spent the evening doing something I was not supposed to be doing and a bit of what I was supposed to be doing.

I was not supposed to have spent the time I did on setting up an email subscription for this blog. I went to Mailchimp because it was free. The time got wasted because the site kept crashing Firefox and Chrome. I will figure out something else.

I finally got around to reformatting "Red Death" and back on track with my plans. Still a tedious operation. Although I miss WordPerfect, there are some operations that would also be tedious with WP. That I am adding in dialog from the shortened version does not make it easier, either. When I hah had enough, I worked on some posts for this blog.

And that is where I started this morning, after watching the remainder of Clint Eastwood's The Mule.

Now comes the confession. I was scheduled for the foot doctor at 11. I grabbed the 9:15 #5 bus and only when I was on the #3 did I realize I had set off an hour early. I stopped at Northwest Plaza to do some shopping at Staples.




 I left thinking over how quickly $15 gets close to $100.

I walked over to the doctor.

I found a sidewalk on McGalliard - outside of student housing.

 Turns out the recurring numbness in my right foot is a problem. It is also another oddball ailment. The diagnosis is carpal tunnel except in my foot. I got a shot and a return visit in 3 weeks.

Having more time to kill, I trekked over to Payless to buy me lunch. Thank you, EBT card. From there I caught the #3 downtown.

There I decided to eat my  sandwich at the corner of Jackson and Walnut.

 Not many more days like today left this year.

Time to catch the #1 for my counselling session. Here I sit yawning and wishing for a nap.

sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment