Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Ball of Confusion Wednesday?

 I really wanted to get done with work today. Too much on my mind, too much aching in my elbows left me antsy to get back here to the laptop.

I got here about 5, after doing my thing at the Sheriff's.

Well, all that energy got me not very far. No, Masque is not going out tonight to a contest. Reformatting the play is just taking too long. 

However, I did find out there was another contest open. This one is for one act plays. Which the cut version of Masque might be a candidate.

No, I did not get the Gabb phone. I did find out Social Security changed my appointment date. I need to get on that tomorrow.

I want to do Downtown Muncie's First Thursday, but I also want to get to work on the paper here. 

Some reading tonight:

  1. Why Keep Doing Shakespeare? cMaybe That’s the Wrong Question is interesting if you are into Shakespeare and performing his plays nowadays. I keep thinking the one who would be most keen on experimenting with Shakespeare would be Shakespeare.
  2. The Biden Doctrine reinforces the idea that Biden is doing much without drawing much attention - the unlike his predecessor, Biden favors actually accomplishing something rather than bleating about he can do while accomplishing nothing.
  3. Abortion providers file lawsuit against Indiana’s near-total abortion ban - the ACLU is going to court under the Indiana Constitution. One critic noted the Indiana Bill of Rights includes a right to life without acknowledging a right to the pursuit of happiness. I am too tired to read the complaint that is included in the article.
  4. From NPR,An astronomer thinks alien tech could be on the ocean floor. Not everyone agrees - I think the title says it all.

I started checking out some sites I picked up in 2012. I want to do a separate post on them but here are what I have found so far to be operative:

  1. Scottish Review
  2. BOOKS FROM SCOTLAND    

Trying to find another site, I found Scottish Critical History.

Make of those what you will DM and KH.

I had a good chat with K this evening.

The background music tonight was Bo Diddley (A Man Amongst Men)  and Tony Joe White (Bad Mouthin and part of Eyes). 

And that was my day.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment