Thursday, April 14, 2022

And He Slept

Thursday morning at work waiting for a forklift driver to move pallets so we can get a truck. 

I slept away last night. I do not recall much after 7 pm. I did wake up once and it was raining. After leaving work yesterday I did make it to Bracken Library. Mae West stayed there and I came back with Lillian Hellman.

I cannot believe we looked as young as the current crop of college students. I am also certain we dressed more tastefully.

Yesterday morning before work I posted the latest chapter of "Death and a Kiss". That was my other accomplishment yesterday.

I did have time to get some dates and chips at the downtown market. Too expensive but they did turn out to be last night's dinner.

No word on my cpap mask. No call from my PO.

4:53 pm and waiting on a bus. I missed the #12 bus twice and I did not see the #3 at 4:45. I need groceries, so I need the #3. I think the hauling of students screws up the schedules.

I have a headache. My nose stopped a.box of cutlery. Quite glad it was not heavy.

I was thinking of CC as I waited for my bus that took me back downtown. How to pay back a debt owed.to someone who does not know me any longer and I assume has no memory of ehat I owe her. I decided I must do as I do for the debts I owe to the dead: to do better with my life, to live up to their expectations rather than run away from those expectations. What cannot be discharged must be borne and the memory as of what can never be repeated.

One part of the factory had a pitch in dinner. I managed too pieces of sugar cream pie. My taste buds were so happy. The East Coast does not have sugar cream pie.

The bus station and its environs this afternoon:


The #3 is here.

Back at the room by 6:30. Tired. Shopping had a problem - the chicken was not on the ebt list. That got fixed..

I will be staying in except to get ice. Hellman is here to read. Federal tax return needs go out tomorrow.

Probably not to be expected but this I like living like this. No crazy people, me not just doing things to see what might happen, no more experiences just to have them regardless of the damage to myself, and it feels like freedom. Sanity feels good.

sch








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment