Monday, February 14, 2022

Sprained Ankle

At work, I came off a ramp and twisted my ankle, went on down. I thought it was just twisted but the ankle swelled, pain increased, and speed decreased. I came home an hour early. 

I called E, asking for advice, before the bus arrived at work. Ice and aspirin and keeping my leg elevated were suggested and followed when I got back to my room. I packed snow into a plastic sack. It seems to have helped. I also wrapped the ankle with the belt from my coat. That helped more. Helped enough I could I could walk to McClure's for supplies. I walked very slowly. Like an old man.

I got turned down by Sbarro's:

So Sam I hadn’t double checked to see if you were already in our recruitment system, and it seems like you had applied in the past but back in October when you submitted your background check the results weren’t passed by HR. Whatever the issue with the background was, unfortunately we can’t move forward with you for the position until there’s been more time since your last charge, just so you know if there was a felony charge HR wants to see 8 years of no issues since the charge and usually at least 5 for misdemeanors if they were theft or assault related.

But I just a call from another restaurant for an interview. That will be Wednesday. I doubt I would have a sprained ankle in a restaurant.

I need to get my hair cut. I put it off tonight thanks to my ankle.

I forgot to mention yesterday I watched these videos on addiction:



There might be a little heavy weather as both are lectures given to Orthodox Christian monks and priests. Something can be learned from both even if you are not Orthodox.

Part One has Parts Two and Three (which I have not listened to):


I ordered a pizza from Greek's, the best pizza in Muncie. I splurged. Hopefully, I have not screwed my budget.

I am closing now. I plan to check out Vocal online and then read Celine. Have a good night, but since it is Valentine's Day I leave you with a song I did not put on my Valentine's Day Playlist:


Yeah, just ask the Axis.

sch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment