Thursday, January 13, 2022

My Writing: Colonel Tom Rejected

 This is the second rejection of my short story "Colonel Tom." This is the rejection notice:

Dear Samuel,


Thanks for sending us "Colonel Tom." We're sorry to say that this submission isn't right for The Sun.


This isn't a reflection on your writing. The selection process is highly subjective, something of a mystery even to us. There's no telling what we'll fall in love with, what we'll let get away.


Writing is hard work, and writers merit some acknowledgment. This note doesn't speak to that need. Please know, however, that we've read your work and appreciate your interest in the magazine.


We wish you the best in placing your writing elsewhere.

The Editors


The Sun

thesunmagazine.org

I do not feel any despondency about this. This is not the only place where I have submitted this story. But maybe even more importantly, I have never been as happy with this story as those who had read it in prison or outside. There is also a question about it not being a very marketable story. If I had my laptop I would still be making revisions.


sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment