Saturday, November 13, 2021

Saturday the 13th

Up since 7 am on a gloomy, windy, chilly Saturday. However, not all was terrible. I did get a call from Social Security. I had  not been able to reach them earlier in the week. My application is completed and is now proceeding to a probable denial. Seems I make too much from my dishwashing job. If I lose the job, it is then likely I could SSI. I would also not have anywhere to live. So I stay carrying clean dishes from the dishwasher.

I managed to feed myself and update my blogroll and my list of writing links. You might not be able to see either if you are reading this on your phone. You will need to view the blog as a regular webpage, go to the bottom of the page for that link. Since I may soon be losing all internet access, I decided to take the time to get my bookmarks from yhis phone to the blog.

I still await word from my PO about my overpaying the company that monitors this phone and the now quite extinct laptop.

Nor has the EBT card arrived. I got my  state ID.  Since the law  forbids me from going anywhere without my identification papers, this is a relief.

I have an online writing seminar at two. It is free and, again, this may be my one and only shot at doing something like this.

I go to work at 4. I figured out yesterday or Thursday that the job is a mile away. Which means I do two miles a day. I will be off at midnight. And I will be doing it on foot.

I listened to Backwoods (WMBR) and then Crap from the Past. (I have figured out how to do links on this phone's keyboard and my sister is right about the phone being just like a computer - a very clumsy, slow computer.)

Before that I listened to a podcast with the writer Louise Erdrich. It was an to interesting chat about her latest novel, social justice, and the craft of writing. It is here.

Now I intend to read a bit of John Dos Passos and listen to Leonard Cohen. Cohen seems a good match for the weather.

The front office just called me and I may have some mail. (Update at 2:51 pm: the EBT/SNAP/food stamps card has arrived.)

For now I leave you with this in the hope it cheers you. Just turn up your volume and click here. It scared the kids at work.

sch

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you like Leonard Cohen. Hallelujah !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ten years of wxpn.org for my discovering Leonard Cohen. Too bad Indianapolis radio will not play him.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment