Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Pressure Drop

 I need to get on with my own writing. I want to do a third draft of my character Pete's video proposal for "No Clean Slates." I just want to get something out of my system - or just onto paper - my latest confrontation with a correctional officer.

Today was laundry day. Also linen exchange. I had to stand in line for 10-15 minutes. I got to the door. I did like everyone else had done - I hold the door open. I got yelled at by one of the COs and I take umbrage and said I was only doing like everyone else. Once inside he confronted me - this burly fellow somewhere around forty - with a question.  I answered him and he said, "You got answer for everything, don't you?' I said, "When I've got an answer, I give it." This upset him. He started ranting on how this was a correctional institution where I had to follow instructions and how my having all the answers got me in here.

What is it about burly men who cannot stand finding their sarcasm answered without shaking knees? For this is the goal of the United States Bureau of Prisons' "correctional" policy: it makes us abject, knee-knocking morons. 

Also noted: hew as the one smoking in a non-smoking area. Oh, well, do as I say, etc. and tec. LOL.

Toots is on WXPN singing "Pressure Drop." That should be my theme song!

sch

3/3/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment